Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Deee-troit!!!

My two uncles from out of state came in for a week long family reunion. They also brought my new aunt and my cousins who I had never met, except for Deanna. I was very excited for this week. Monday night we were supposed to go to Tisha's for pizza after everyone came in. I was going to the airport with my dad to pick up my Uncle Shawn, Rochelle, Emily, and Jackson, and then we were going to Tisha's. My mom was waiting at home for my Uncle Terry, Deanna, and Katie to come in. Well, my Uncle Shawn's plane had a slight problem and they were stuck at the airport for a while. So instead of coming into Flint at 6:50, they were coming in after 11 pm! So, we changed plans and went to my mom's for pizza instead. So, I still got to see my uncle and cousins. :) Tuesday's plan was to go tour Comerica Park. I wasn't going to go, but at the last second I decided to go. I figured the boys would enjoy it, and I didn't know when I'd see all my family again so I wanted to go spend time with them as much as I could.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(ok. I know mom's eyes are kind of closed, but this was a good picture of them - minus her eyes lol. Sorry, mom)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...this was the wall in the little diner we stopped in before our tour appointment)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the Chevrolet fountain. When a Tiger scores a home run, there are colored water fireworks that go off)

Photobucket
(....the view from the camera box)

Photobucket
(...all of us standing inside the camera box)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the fountain wasn't turned on, but the kids still wanted to throw pennies in it. So Uncle Terry obliged...)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...his eyes are shut tight while he's making his wish)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...there's a dog lying in the middle of the field. That dog belongs to the groundskeeper)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...taking a rest and sitting in the first class seats)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...sitting in the visitors press box)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the tour guide got "special" permission to take us into the Champion's Club room. I don't know if he just said that so we'd feel special, or if they really don't normally take their tours in there, but it was pretty neat)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Champions Club is a premium seating area that combines the space of nine suites into a private club. Members enjoy a free buffet meal, private bar, plasma-screen TV's and the memorabilia case which holds the Tigers 1968 & 1984 World Series trophies. - info taken from the Comerica Park website.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...discussing the picture on the wall)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(...the visitors locker room.)

Photobucket
(...heading up into the visitors dug out)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now time for lunch!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(..they also had Detroit Tigers souvenirs and memorabilia)

Photobucket

Photobucket

That was a FUN day! The tour is really neat and I highly recommend it for any baseball fan. Especially Tigers fan. Mostly, it was fun because I was with family. :)

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Loved this!!!! And what's up with my eyes being closed too! I enjoyed being with new family as well!!!

Organized Chaos said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to tour Lucas Oil Stadium where the colts play so bad!