Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mason's Hockey Party

For months Mason has been wanting a pirate birthday party. He already had a pirate party but he was adamant that he wanted another one. So I planned for a pirate party - planned the games, etc. On our way home from camping (exactly one week before his party) he said to me, "Mom, I changed my mind. I want a hockey birthday party." So, I spent the week switching gears and thinking of what I was going to do for a hockey party. Thankfully, Chris had good ideas for the games so I let him be in charge of the games. I just had to do the food and cake. The food was easy. What goes with hockey...? Pizza! Food's done. Now cake.....I scoured the internet for inspiration and this is what I came up with... Photobucket Photobucket I borrowed the hockey men from Dad. He has a table hockey set and brought the pieces to me. He even put the hockey players names and numbers on them for us... Photobucket Game time!!!! Photobucket Chris came up with 3 games. They were skills challenge type games. We divided everyone up into 3 teams. We tried to divide everyone fairly considering that there were some people who had experience playing hockey and were good at sports. So we tried to make sure they were on separate teams and then we filled in everyone else accordingly. The first game - we put small paper plates in each corner of a net and one in the center. Each plate was worth different points. The object was so stand behind a line and use a hockey stick to hit the plates with a tennis ball "puck". The second game - using a hockey stick and tennis ball, hit different sized paint cans set up a few feet away. Each was worth different points as well, except there was a small can set up in the far corner with a piece of wood infront of it. If you hit that can, you scored bonus points. Then the last game was a timed relay type game. Each team went up and stood in line. First person in line had to weave their tennis ball in and out of orange cones and then turn around and bring their ball back through the cones the same way and pass it to the next teammate in line. The team with the fastest time got the most points. Let the games begin! Photobucket Mason was really good at the games. He was so cute. He had to go put on his Red Wings jersey for the games. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I think she was really trying to hit me with the ball. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I think Nathan surprised everyone with how well he did at the games. He was on my team and he helped our team get the big win. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I stunk at the games. I think I got the lowest points possible in each game. Good thing I was on the team with people who could control a stick and ball. haha Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I forgot to get a picture of the winning team, but my team won - team Kelly! Our team was Kelly, Me, Nathan, Mason, Haley, and Ethan. Go team!!! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: