Monday, February 25, 2008

Mastering the chair lift

The chair lift is a whole other story! Let me start off by saying that I am afraid of heights. When we first climbed on the lift, of course, the chair swings a little when you take off. I did not like that sensation. Then, immediately, you start climbing upwards to the most scary heights! I closed my eyes, held on to Chris and the chair with all my might and told Chris to push me off when it was time. I managed to make it off the lift alive. Later on during the day was a different story. I managed to master the "pizza slice" and made it down the Beginner's Hill without wiping out. So, we decided to go to the Intermediate hills. That also required taking a different chair lift. We both made it down the first hill fine. Getting off the lift was very different because this lift did not have you sitting as close to the ground as the other one. So, I misjudged my first step off the lift and fell down, almost taking Chris with me. The little man who sits in the tower at the top of the hill working the lift, ran out to help me get up. I made it up, took one step and fell again!

No comments: