Monday, February 25, 2008

Mr. Magoo

Off we went to find the Bunny Hill. When I saw it, I still felt like peeing my pants and throwing up. There was a tow rope that pulled you up to the top. The Bunny Hill was actually the last half of a bigger hill. The "Beginners" hill. At the bottom of the hill was a very tiny dip. I said, "Let me try this little dip first and see if I can stop myself. If I can't stop, then I'm not going to be able to go down the hill." So, I turned my skiis and off I went down this little dip. I could not stop! I panicked and screamed, and my knees gave out and I fell! After about 5 minutes, it seemed, of trying to stand back up, I told Chris, "Let me see you go down the hill first. If you make it down alive, then I'll try one more time!" LOL (nice of me, huh?) So, off Chris went to the tow rope. He held on with great ease and made it to the top. He took two steps to the left of the tow rope and went down. From where I was standing it was hilarious! I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face and I wanted to pee my pants! I then noticed a man on skiis skiing over to me. I also noticed he had a coat and name tag that said he was from the Ski School. He was so nice! He looked and talked just like Mr. Magoo. I don't remember his real name, but for me, he will always be remembered as Mr. Magoo. He kindly showed me and Chris (when he finally made it down the hill) how to "pizza slice" your legs and steer. I finally got the courage to take on the tow rope and try the Bunny Hill. I made it! I survived!

No comments: