We went skiing at the lovely Treetops Resort in Gaylord, Mi. It was very nice. As we pulled in to the resort, we passed a convention center that was full of buses and they all had some kind of Baptist churches name on them. We thought, "I hope they aren't all going to be skiing today." When we pulled up to the parking lot at the ski lodge, I got out of the car and looked infront of me and, behold, the largest skiing mountain I'd ever seen. Immediately, I went weak at the knees and felt sick to my stomach. I looked to Chris and said, "I don't think I can do this! I think I'm going to throw up!" He said, "Tasha, you promised you'd give it a try." So, I reluctantly agreed. We went into the ski rental building to get our skis. I immediately asked the guy who was helping us if the hill I had just witnessed was the Bunny Hill. He reassured me that it was not. That was one of the intermediate hills. I was very thankful, but still uneasy. He then asked us how late we were staying to ski. We said we weren't sure and asked why he wanted to know. He then said, "Well, at 5:00 we have 500 Baptists coming to ski, so you might want to get all your skiing in before 5:00." That explains the buses we saw coming in!Monday, February 25, 2008
Our first skiing experience
We went skiing at the lovely Treetops Resort in Gaylord, Mi. It was very nice. As we pulled in to the resort, we passed a convention center that was full of buses and they all had some kind of Baptist churches name on them. We thought, "I hope they aren't all going to be skiing today." When we pulled up to the parking lot at the ski lodge, I got out of the car and looked infront of me and, behold, the largest skiing mountain I'd ever seen. Immediately, I went weak at the knees and felt sick to my stomach. I looked to Chris and said, "I don't think I can do this! I think I'm going to throw up!" He said, "Tasha, you promised you'd give it a try." So, I reluctantly agreed. We went into the ski rental building to get our skis. I immediately asked the guy who was helping us if the hill I had just witnessed was the Bunny Hill. He reassured me that it was not. That was one of the intermediate hills. I was very thankful, but still uneasy. He then asked us how late we were staying to ski. We said we weren't sure and asked why he wanted to know. He then said, "Well, at 5:00 we have 500 Baptists coming to ski, so you might want to get all your skiing in before 5:00." That explains the buses we saw coming in!
Labels:
Get-A-Ways
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice ski outfits! you even bought new gloves! at least you LOOK like you know what you're doing!
Those gloves are old. They actually have a neon orange stain on one of the thumbs. lol
you look so cute in your little ski gettup.
too bad you had to go and crap those pretty pants.
kudos for trying something new!
Well, it is kind of scary going down those hills.....what can I say? :) hehe
Post a Comment