
Saturday, my dear husband watched the boys for me while I went to go scrapbooking. I would be gone most of the day and he, joyfully, said he would watch the boys for me so I could go off and have a fun filled day without them. This is not even including the fact that the night before he also watched the boys for several hours while I went and got my hair done! He is so wonderful! To top that all off, he was going to take the two boys and go grocery shopping for me also! Anyways, back to the story.....When I was on my way home from scrapbooking, I decided to give him a call to let him know how far away I was. Shortly after I told him, he said, "You'll never guess what your son did!" A million things were racing through my mind. I could not, for the life of me, figure out what he would tell me next. I would have never guessed he would have told me the following story......He was going to hop in the shower and so he told Cole, the oldest, to get himself dressed. Then he asked him if he could help his younger brother get dressed when he was done. That consisted of getting his shirt and pants on him. Simple, right? Well, when my husband got out of the shower, he was greeted by Cole.
"Did you get your brother dressed?"
"Well........I tried to, but he had a poopie diaper."
"Ok. So he's not dressed then?"
"Well, I tried changing his diaper."
Fear, shock and panick across Chris's face.
"Cole. You didn't."
Scared and nervous look on Cole's face.
"Did you make a mess?"
"Well.....I only got a little bit of poop on the carpet."
Bless his soul! Both Chris's and Cole's. Cole was trying to obey daddy and be a big brother and Chris was doing his best to get the boys dressed and ready. He will never again ask Cole to help get his little brother dressed.
I wonder what was going through Mason's mind while he laid on the floor with his brother trying to change his diaper........
2 comments:
too funny, its times like those you wish you had a hidden video camera~
ha...hopefully all was cleaned up by the time you got home.
what a sweet husband...time alone is the best gift.
I love the colors on here!!! And the header pic is AWESOME.
Post a Comment