
Cole was Darth Vader and Mason was the Black Spiderman, as he calls it.


Jonah was War Machine and Lucas was Superman. His outfit was so cute!

And, of course, there had to be a picture of the two beautiful sisters! :) I had Chris take me to the Halloween USA store so I could buy some kitty cat ears. I had to dress up a little for the occasion. :)


Notice the sign behind them? When we first saw it, I started laughing. I was like, "Uh...isn't it M&M's? Not an 'N'?" I don't who made the sign and if they thought they weren't going to have enough room or not, but it was so funny.

They had a whole bunch of Halloween themed M&M's standing in the grass so I told the boys, "Go stand by an M&M and I'll take your picture." Cole chose the Mummy M&M. Guess which one Mason chose?......

Yeah. He chose the Devil M&M. lol I didn't even realize it until after I took the picture and Chris was like, "Nice, Mason. You had to pick the Devil?" lol

I think Chris is a little spooked. :) j/k. Each house had a theme to it. It was cute. Once house was a Super Mario house and had all the characters and things all over the house and the music from the video game was playing throughout the house. They had a house that was full of super heroes. A castle covered in Disney princesses. Well, you get the picture.







He can fly!!!!






They had a hay bale maze set up for the kids. Obviously the kids wanted to go through it. So we grabbed their candy bags and sent them on their way. The hay bales were tall enough for the kids to not be able to see over them but not tall enough that the adults couldn't see over them. Well, it was getting dark so it was hard to see which kid was yours exactly. Obviously I could barely see over the hay. I was a little nervous as to whether Cole was with Mason and helping him or not. I know Mason and I knew that if he was left alone in all that chaos of kids running everywhere that he would cry and panic. We walked to the side of the maze so we could see in it better to watch the kids. All of a sudden I saw Cole running, but no Mason or Jonah. I was hoping that Mason and Jonah were together. I started secretly panicking. Then I heard crying. I knew that cry. It was my Mason. I wanted to jump over the hay and get him but I couldn't. I looked and saw him trying to climb over some hay and he was crying. Big crocodile tears streaming down his cheeks! I started calling out to him so he could hear my voice, hoping that would help calm him down. I saw Cole and yelled for him to go to his brother and help him. I assumed that Mason couldn't find his way out of the maze and panicked because Cole was no where to be found. Cole ran over to him and then he started yelling, "His eye is bleeding!" Instantly I was like, "Chris! Get in there right now and get him!" The best Chris could do was lean over the hay and lift Mason out. Luckily his eye was fine, but he was cut just centimeters above his eye ball! Someone let their child run through the maze with a plastic stick! Who does that?! Who lets their child RUN around with other children around with a plastic stick! I mean, C'MON! Common sense, people!

When you check in at the gate to enter Crossroads Village, they give you all (adults included) bags for your candy and a punch card. There are 20 candy stations and you get your card punched at each station first so that way you can't double back and get extra candy. I was a little disappointed at that, but I guess they have to monitor the candy somehow. :) Anyways, the kids all carried their candy bags, but since Tisha was pushing the stroller and since I was the picture taker, the men had to carry our candy bags as well as their own. :) It was so funny watching these big macho men standing patiently in line behind the kids with their bags. And then holding out their bags to get their candy when it was their turn.




The last stop was cider and donuts! They didn't have hot cider, but it still tasted good. Mason was so tired. And his eye hurt. :(



On the tray of cider and donuts was a comment card. Chris was reading over it while we were sitting there and this was the only comment he had, which I wrote down...... :)


We ended the night with a magic show. The guy was really good and really funny. The boys loved it! They were laughing out loud and completely engrossed in the show. After the show, we walked out into the main street. It was dark and cold, but the kids didn't mind because the radio was blaring Michael Jackson's "Thriller". They slowly started moving their legs and arms and got into the beat. It was so funny.



It was a great night and we had a blast! I am DEFINITELY looking forward to doing that again next year. Although, I don't know how much the scale is going to enjoy all the candy I've been eating. :)
1 comment:
That is really cool that crossroads does all that! It looks like a really fun time!
Post a Comment