Monday, January 17, 2011

wall art

The other day, I saw a friend post something on facebook about making a home made gift for the first 5 people who commented on their status. Who wouldn't want a gift, right? So I made sure I commented! Then I thought, "I should do the same thing. That's a nice thing to do for some one." I thought my home made something could be a card or food. That friend, Amy, was the first to comment on my status! lol So, we each owed eachother a home made gift. Ethan also commented on mine. So I have to come with up a home made gift for him. Thankfully, I have a year to give each person their gift. I want to learn to crochet or knit so I can make him something cheesy like a scarf or socks. lol

Well, I knew what my gift to Amy was going to be shortly after she commented. I had just made chocolate mint chip cookies. I packaged them all up cute and put them in a gift bag and gave them to her on Sunday. The next Sunday, she presented me with mine...

Photobucket

I was completely shocked! I felt kind of bad about giving her cookies after I saw what she made for me! She bought the fabric and the foam pieces to put behind it and made these herself! And the best part is that those colors match my room!!!! I was so excited!

I am also blessed to have another piece of art for my wall. This is compliments of Cole. :) He came home from school the other day and said to me while I was cooking dinner, "I made something in art the other day and I got to bring it home." He reached in his backpack and pulled out a paper and handed it to me as he walked by. Like it was no big deal. I was flabbergasted at what I saw! Behold, my 8 year old son's work of art....

Photobucket

I almost cried right then and there! I was beaming from ear to ear! I was so proud of him. He's a little artist! :)

I know it probably sounds awful, but Chris and I even asked him if he had copied it from another picture or if it was a picture he had seen before, but he proudly smiled and said, "No. I thought of it on my own!" I am going to get a frame for that so I can hang it up. The question is where? I want to make sure it's displayed proudly. I am one happy, proud mommy!

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I love the things Amy did! Really cool!

Organized Chaos said...

Oh and Ethan won't be so hard...give him food! Plus your not obligated because I don't think he is making you anything... I think he skipped over the part about reposting!

Tisha said...

i commented on facebook and although i am a tad bit late, i see that you have not yet reached 5 original commenters...therefore...pursuant to the tone of the comment...i get something homemade!!! wooo hooo for me! i would like a gourmet meal please. lol.

oh and LOVE the art!!

grans6 said...

Tasha, he takes after you. Beautiful picture. I would hang it also. so glad the pictures match your bedroom. How cool is that.