Fast forward two months later. Chris thought today (Saturday) would be a good day to finally finish Cole's birthday celebration. We asked him if he wanted to go roller skating or ice skating and this is what he chose.....

Dude. It was so cold in that arena. I think it was colder in that building than it was outside. I thought I'd be fine with my hooded sweatshirt on and gloves, but I was freezing the entire time. I skated around as much as I could to "keep warm", but it didn't work. Even Chris complained about being cold too, and he didn't bring in any gloves.



My sweet boys. :)

He never looks like it, but deep down inside he enjoys getting his picture taken. haha

Mason ran on the ice more than skated, but he did very well for how small he is! Let's just say that there were kids there his age and even kids almost double or triple his age that kept falling all over the place! A few of the Dad's just kept watching Mason skate around and they couldn't help but smile at him. I felt very proud.



Chris was pretending to check him into the board. The boys kept skating full blast into the side boards and then letting the board make them fall backwards onto the ice. They looked ridiculous and we were afraid they were going to hit their heads.

Cole did really good! He is so coordinated. He got lazy and kept falling here and there, but as soon as I bribed him with money to make a full lap around the arena without falling - then he get down to business. :)






I LOVE that picture of me and Chris. I don't know why. It kind of has an older look about it.



They're in the penalty box. :)





I have to explain the above picture. Chris was teasing me about how I skate - arms out straight to the side. I kind of have a penguin waddle when I skate. So, he demonstrated how I skate and I snapped a picture. :)


Mason wiped out as I was skating towards him, so I just shouted, "Lay still. Don't move!" Then I spread my legs out and went over him. At the last second, he moved his arm out to the side which caught me by surprise, so I had to practically do the splitz to miss his hand. I'm just glad I didn't pull a Chris and rip my pants! lol
We had tons of fun with the boys. It's nice to go and do something that gets you moving but is fun and cheap as well! Good family times and good memories.








No comments:
Post a Comment