
Last Friday, I got to attend my first 2nd grade school party. The Valentine's party. I didn't think I was going to be able to go because it was during the day and I obviously didn't have the car. Cole asked me a couple of times if I was going to be able to come. :( He said, "Mom, the party goes until 4:05 so you'll be able to be there for 5 minutes." lol (He was thinking since Chris gets out of work at 4:00, then I would have 5 minutes to be there.) I guess he thinks his Dad drives super super fast. haha Well, if he had his bike he could probably do it. :)
Chris texted me during the day and asked what time Cole's party was. I told him. Then he said he would try to get off early so I could make it. :) Isn't he the best? He got home in time for me to get to Cole's party only 5 minutes after it started. The teacher was in the middle of telling the kids what to do, so I waited right out side the door. Cole happened to look over towards the door, saw me, and got the biggest smile ever! It made my day. I think he even got a little teary eyed seeing me.
The kids got sugar cookies, covered in tons of sugary frosting. Then they were given graham crackers with and alphabet cereal to decorate their crackers with. I asked his teacher, "So, should I thank you now for the all the sugar he's having?" :)
The kids got to vote on their top 3 favorite Valentine's boxes. They ran out of time and didn't get to see who won, so Cole had to wait til Monday to find out the results. He was pleased to find out that he tied for 1st place! :)
I hope I can make many more school parties. I think I had just as much fun as he did.
1 comment:
Very Cute. I survived 2 parties back to back. this is my last year of double duty parties! I do love them though!
Post a Comment