Tuesday, February 1, 2011

365 Challenge. Day 5.

Baking.
There's something calming and satisfying about baking.
I feel Martha Stewart-ish. I feel like a real home maker. I know I already am - and it's the best job in the world - but I feel even more like I'm filling the position the way I'm supposed to when I'm barefoot in my kitchen, apron tied neatly behind my back, hands covered in flour and I'm creating a masterpiece. I, the artist, assemble all the necessary pieces for my masterpiece. Each piece is carefully selected and measured. I combine them all together, put my little dollops on my cookie sheet, place them in the oven, and then wait with anticipation. I watch the timer. I turn the oven light on so I can watch my masterpieces take form. Then there it is. That wonderful beeping noise that lets me know that it's done. My creation is finished. I carefully take it out of the oven and let it cool down. I have to be careful not to handle it too quickly for fear that it will break into pieces. Then, after a couple of minutes, my fingers can finally lift up the wonderful smelling creation - the cookie. Yes, it's just a cookie. But it has so much more meaning because I made it. There's something very homey about some nice warm cookies fresh from the oven with a nice tall cold glass of milk.

So, today - I enjoy my masterpiece which is - peanut butter cookies.


Photobucket

1 comment:

grans6 said...

love this blog today. You sound like Julie from Julie and Julia. Great pictures. They look like a magazine!