Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's

This Friday is Cole's Valentine's party at school. We got a letter from his teacher saying that his project for the weekend was to make a box for all his Valentine's. We were to help him design a box. Right away I got excited. This was my kind of project. I'll take these kind any day and give the science projects to Chris. :) hehe

I went downstairs, rummaged through my scrapbooking stuff and found some hockey and extreme sports scrapbooking papers and stickers. I thought Cole might like to design his box with them. When he got home and saw all the stuff I pulled out for him, he got super excited. Right away he chose the extreme sports kit. I wasn't surprised.

I told the boys that after dinner I was going to take them to the store to pick out their Valentine cards and treats for their friends and family. Cole said something about finding dirt bike Valentine cards. Chris said, "I doubt you'll find any dirt bikes ones." Well, guess what? We found an extreme sports Valentine card kit! :) Cole was so excited!

After they picked out their card kits (Cole - extreme sports. Mason - Iron Man), we went to find all the Valentine candy. I happened to notice little tiny red boxes of Brach's Heart candies. I pointed them out to Cole. He liked the idea of passing those out with the cards, and they were only $.35 each, so we decided to get those for all his classmates. Then Mason found a Hot Wheels card kit that came with suckers. He immediately threw down the Iron Man kit and wanted the Hot Wheels one. I think he just wanted it for the suckers. :) I even found a Valentine goodie to buy. I saw a black heart shaped box that had a picture of an electric guitar on the front. It said, "Valentine: You rock my world!" on it and it had peanut butter filled chocolates inside. Instantly I thought of Chris. :) I had to get it for him. But I couldn't wait for Valentine's Day to give it to him, so I gave it to him as soon as I got home. I know it would have been cuter to put it in his lunch box for him so he'd have it as a surprise ON Valentine's, but I don't like to wait to give out surprises. :)

Anyways, after we went through the U-Scan and scanned our 26 boxes of candy - ALL INDIVIDUALLY - we came home so Cole and I could start his Valentine box project.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh yeah. Mason wanted to open up his suckers and give his Dad one. So I grabbed one too. And he wanted to one too. That's probably the real reason he wanted them opened up. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Drum roll please..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Tah - Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mason grabbed his baby blanket and climbed up to snuggle with his Dad. As soon as I pointed the camera at them, they got super serious and wouldn't smile. I don't know how I managed to get this out of them. :)

Photobucket

Then Mason said, "Ok, Mom. Now take my picture. I won't smile." lol So he covered his face with his hands. I caught him peeking out to see if I was still watching him.

Photobucket


I had a lot of fun tonight. I bet my kids' Valentine's box is the coolest one there! haha jk

No comments: