So anyways, Chris and Dad took off on their fly fishing adventure, and I waited for Cole to come home. Grocery shopping with the kids was on my agenda for the night. Grocery shopping is kind of my special time. It's just me. I can take my time and walk up and down the isles and I'm not rushed to get home. I don't take an extra long time because I do like to get home at a decent time (usually just after the kids are put in bed lol - jk - I don't do it on purpose, that's just when I usually make it home) and spend time with Chris catching up on our dvr shows. But taking the boys takes longer because I have to buckle Mason up and get him unbuckled at every store. It just takes longer. Plus, they aren't the best behaved. It's like all their training on how to act in public goes out the window and all the sugar they've consumed for the week is saved and built up for our shopping trip. That's the only way I know to describe it. They want to wrestle, tickle each other, box with each other, howl, snort and make all sorts of annoying noises - Mason saves up all his gas for our shopping trip too which is DEFINITELY a highlight of the night - NOT! And, of course, being that he's 4 and a boy, he finds the need to announce it every time it happens! So I'm stressed, mad and embarrassed the entire time I'm out. I know it sounds like all I'm doing is complaining about my boys, which I guess I am, but they have TONS of good qualities too. It's just that these are the qualities which make me not want to take them shopping. At least I didn't have Chris too. Now THAT'S a REAL shopping experience! lol He knows it too. He's been banned from grocery shopping with me. He's glad though. That's probably why he makes shopping so stressful - so he will get banned from it.
Anyways - as soon as Cole got home, he ran in the house and asked if he and Mason could play outside. So, I took the boys outside. They played on the swing set for a little while, then rode bikes in the driveway. Mason had to ride the big wheel because he broke the training wheel off his big bike. I think it broke off when he was skidding his back tire and training wheels across the driveway. That kid! He's such a daredevil on his bike! I was watching him on his bike the other day just cracking up! He's on this bike with training wheels and every time he turns, he skids his back wheel across the pavement! He didn't tip over though. It was just so funny to see these training wheels being drug across the driveway - sideways! lol



The little neighbor boy came over with his bike to join them for a little while. His dad asked if that was okay for him to play with the boys. I told him it was fine but I had to leave in a little while to go shopping. (And then the "little while" turned into an hour later because I made the mistake of letting them watch tv while they ate their dinner and then Matt from church ended up figuring out the solution to this puzzle game I was stuck in so I had to see if his solution worked - so I felt like a liar and thought "the neighbor's are probably watching my car sit out in the driveway and thinking I was just saying that so I didn't have to watch their kid". Oh well.)

It didn't take long for the bikes and helmets to be left behind so they could go back in the backyard to swing. :)

(...and yes. That is a sheet rolled up and stuck on the big wheel so Mason can reach the pedals.)




Cole brought his bike in the backyard and rode it around. Riding in our backyard (or on our grass in general) is like riding over a whole bunch of large stones - BUMPY!!!
For some reason, in the spring, our grass gets so lumpy and bumpy and hard! It's the worse! You can seriously sprain or brake an ankle walking in our yard! Plus, there are holes that our dog dug up that we haven't filled. Good thing Cole stopped riding his bike in the yard because he was probably rattling all the screws on his bike loose.

Look Mom! No hands!!!


1 comment:
Cole looks so grown up in those swing pictures. Not the expressions-LOL just the shape of his face looks like he is changing and getting older-WOW! Makes me sad : (
Post a Comment