
My mother found a pin that has the number "30" on it along with the words "over the hill"!!!!!!!!! Those words are never uplifting.
But, alas, I cannot change it. I am trying to embrace my 30's and be happy about it. But like I told someone, I am just going to be sad about it today and tomorrow (maybe) and then I will get on with my life. :) I just need a couple of days to let it sink in. Bear with me. :)
To help Chris and I celebrate our over the hillness and Josh's turning 21, my mother made us a huge dinner feast.

(I was going to take a picture of all the food, but I was so hungry that I didn't want to stop stuffing my face to take one lol)

We even got birthday balloons! When I walked in I saw all the balloons and a banner that said "Happy 21st Birthday!" I said, "I wanna be the one turning 21. Not 30." :)

Lucas was a little crabby at first because he just woke up. But he was hungry. Poor thing. He led me over to the high chair and made it evident that he wanted in it. So I set him in it. He immediately lifted his plate, handed it to me and grunted.


Grandma always comes to the birthday dinners. It's so nice to get to see her and the boys get to see her too.









There's a funny story that goes along with the card in the previous picture. Grandma always makes us homemade cards. She gets use out of her stamps. :) Anyways, I think she only has one birthday saying stamp because we always get it in our cards. It starts off, "Horns to blow, Bright balloons..." So, Josh opened his gifts first and read his card. He started smiling and said, "I think I have this card memorized by now." We all laughed and he finished opening his gifts. Then it was my turn. I read my card and kind of laughed as I read it because it was the same birthday poem. Then I opened my card from Tisha (which happened to be a homemade card too), and my Dad said, "Read what it says." I opened the card and said, "Horns to blow, bright balloons..." LOL It didn't really have that poem in it, but I couldn't resist. :)

Then my parents got the PERFECT card for me! The words charming, intelligent, kind, thoughtful, classy, fun, smart, good natured - well, you get the picture - were all on the card. Yep. Me to a TEE!!!! :)
Tisha and Nathan got me a Vera Bradley apron, with a matching wallet/wristlet, and a change purse.

Josh got me a Vera Bradley purse.

Mom, Dad, and Grandma gave me money. :)


Guess what birthday poem Cole's reading...I'll give you one guess. :)

I look hideous in that picture, but I wanted a picture of all 3 of us with our birthday pins on.

No. It's not Mom's birthday too. Dad got her a combo dvd game and so we all played it after dessert.

We did guys against gals. It was so funny because when we were playing the millionaire game, there was a question about a country star. I forget what it was now, but the answers that hey had to choose from were older country singers. Willie Nelson was one of the choices and so Cole yelled out, "Willie Nelson!" We waited for Meredith to give us the correct answer and surprisingly, Cole was right! We said, "Do you know who Willie Nelson is?" Cole smiled and said, "I just knew that was answer. I don't know who she is." LOL
We had tons of fun. Thanks, Mom for the great dinner and thanks everyone for the gifts!
1 comment:
Very Nice! I LOVE the apron!
Post a Comment